Engage Prepaid Card
Engage is a Visa Debit card only available through accredited credit unions that can be used in shops, to pay bills and for online purchases.
This card is not provided by BCU, and there are charges which are associated with its use. Of course other prepaid cards are available from alternative providers.
What you should know:
- There is a £2 monthly charge for use of the card. There is no transaction fee on purchases within the UK. Withdrawals at UK cash machines cost £0.75 but requesting cashback with your shopping is free. Further terms and conditions and fees apply, click Download Engage Card Terms and Conditions (3103.1kb)for details.
- You canít set up direct debits, but standing orders are available
- You can get wages and benefits paid directly to the card and we can make free same day transfers from savings accounts with BCU
- There is a mobile App available (for iPhone and Android) which allows you to manage your account from your phone.
- You can earn cashback rewards of up to 15% when using your Engage card at certain retailers including Argos, ASDA and Marks & Spencer. Click here for more participating retailers.
Full details of the card and how it works can be found on the Engage Account Website.
How to apply
If you are an existing member, you can apply online. Simply log-in to your account and complete the form in the online applications section of the member area. Alternatively Download Engage card application form (104.9kb) and return it to us, or apply in branch.
Engage e-account and Visa debit card is issued by Contis Financial Services Ltd who is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (Firm Reference Number:900025) and is a member of Visa. Please note that engage is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.